Information to encourage strong Parent engagementThe PARCC assessments serve as an "educational GPS system," assessing students' current performance, and pointing the way to what students need to learn to be ready for the next grade level and, by high school graduation, for college and/or a career.
The PARCC assessments are designed to give schools and teachers more information to improve instruction. Moreover, PARCC is designed to let parents know how their child is progressing academically. This more detailed information can lead to strong engagement between parents and teachers.
- Take a practice test
- What’s different about the PARCC tests?
- Glossary of PARCC assessment terms
- Learn about accommodations
- ELA Parent Guide for Score Report
- ELA Parent Guide for Score Report (Spanish)
- Math Parent Guide for Score Report
- Math Parent Guide for Score Report (Spanish)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Handout
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Handout (Spanish)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting PPT
- PARCC Performance Level Setting PPT (Spanish)
- PARCC Timeline Graphic
- PARCC Timeline Graphic (Spanish)
Be a Learning Hero helps parents navigate the changes happening in classrooms across the country so they can help their children be successful in school. They provide resources and information for parents from some of the nation’s most well-respected education and parent organizations including the National PTA, Common Sense Media and GreatSchools.
Translated Score ReportsPARCC has translated the sample score reports for all grade levels into 11 different languages, and both parents and educators may access them here.
The materials located below have been developed by educators to provide parents a better understanding of the PARCC assessments. While these materials have been developed to inform parents, they may also be customized for presentations by local parent organizations and other stakeholder groups. Areas for customization are colored red within the documents and each resource was developed with a specific grade band — elementary, middle or high school — in mind.
Parent Resources Developed by Educators
Overview Powerpoint Template
- Colorado Standards
- Colorado Assessments
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey Department of Education
- Best Foot Forward NJ
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island