Information to encourage strong Parent engagementThe PARCC assessments serve as an "educational GPS system," assessing students' current performance, and pointing the way to what students need to learn to be ready for the next grade level and, by high school graduation, for college and/or a career.
The PARCC assessments are designed to give schools and teachers more information to improve instruction. Moreover, PARCC is designed to let parents know how their child is progressing academically. This more detailed information can lead to strong engagement between parents and teachers.
- Take a practice test
- What’s different about the PARCC tests?
- Glossary of PARCC assessment terms
- Learn about accommodations
All of the materials located below can be downloaded and customized with your school's or district's logo — and converted into PDFs for distribution. Areas for customization are colored red within the documents and each resource was developed with a specific grade band — elementary, middle or high school — in mind.
Parent Resources Developed by Educators
Elementary School Presentations
- "Opening Doors" - Short Powerpoint Presentation
- "Abriendo Puertas" - En Español (Breve)
- "Opening Doors" - Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- "Opening Doors"- Long Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- "Opening Doors" - Tips for Hosting a Parent and Family Night
- “Abriendo Puertas” - Visión General En Español
Middle School Presentations
- “Stepping Up with PARCC” - Short Powerpoint Presentation
- "Paso Arriba con PARCC" - En Español (Breve)
- "Stepping Up" - Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- “Stepping Up” - Long Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- "Paso Arriba" - Visión General En Español
- "Tips for Hosting a Parent and Family Night" - Middle School
High School Presentations
Overview Powerpoint Template
- Colorado Standards
- Colorado Assessments
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey Department of Education
- Best Foot Forward NJ
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island