Online Professional Learning
Training MOdulesPARCC is developing a series of online professional learning modules to help teachers, counselors, school leaders, and school and district testing coordinators understand the new PARCC assessment system and put the new high quality assessments to work for them and their students.
These tools will help educators get started using the tools by helping educators learn more about the function of each of the tools and the general components of each tool.
The first two completed online professional training modules focus on the PARCC Common Assessments Overview and the PARCC Accessibility System.
Future professional online learning module topics include introductions to the PARCC K-2 formative tasks, PARCC diagnostic tools and the PARCC speaking and listening tools.
Watch this brief tutorial before you begin.
How To Use the Modules
The PARCC Assessments OverviewThe PARCC Assessments Overview covers:
- In Theory: Practical theories behind the PARCC Assessments and related goals.
- In Practice: Information about how a student will be assessed throughout their school career and offers an assessment walkthrough (based on the role selected — administrator, primary teacher, secondary teacher- English/Language Arts, secondary teacher, Mathematics).
- In Context: Valuable, downloadable resources focused on the PARCC Model Content Frameworks for mathematics and English/Language Arts.
PARCC Accessibility SystemThe PARCC Accessibility System includes:
- In Theory: An overview of accessibility features and details about how they are built into the PARCC design.
- In Practice: Information about how teachers use accommodations in the classroom
- In Context: Downloadable the Accessibility Features and Accommodation Manual
Three More Modules ComingIn addition to the modules above, we will be posting three additional modules:
- Introduction to the PARCC K-2 Formative Tasks
- Introduction to the PARCC Diagnostic Tools
- Introduction to the PARCC Speaking and Listening Tools